August 02, 2021
Red Barrels is Hiring an Animator
Red Barrels is looking for an experienced Animator who enjoys pushing the envelope and creating emotionally memorable in-game moments. The Outlast Trials is our biggest project yet and we are looking for talented folks who want to take on new challenges and continuously learn alongside the RB team.
Description of the role:
- Create captivating character performances, employing both key framed and motion capture techniques.
- Research animation references to complement and enhance the overall game experience.
- Contribute ideas and insight to the full production process, from concept to polish.
- Collaboration with the 3D character artists, VFX artist, and the team’s technical leads regarding technical constraints related to production
- Be proactive in identifying problems and support troubleshooting animation and technical issues. Seek out and build creative approaches to solving problems.
- Perform other related overall tasks as part of the RB animation team.
- 5+ years of experience as an Animator in the video game industry.
- Have delivered at least 1 AAA title
- Proven understanding of animation principles, key frame iteration, motion capture editing
- Familiarity and interest in game systems, asset management, and animation production pipelines
- Experience with animation software including Maya, 3ds Max, and Unreal.
- You are passionate about video games and have a good understanding of all thing’s horror.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excited about creative collaboration, both within your team and as part of the larger RB Team
- You are proactive and can excel while working autonomously.
- You are looking for an environment where you can have a wide range of responsibilities and you are not afraid of approaching things differently.
Red Barrels offers a highly competitive salary and bonus structure, group insurance, and flexible time management. Our studio is located in Montreal.
Interesting in being a part of the RB Team? Please send your resume and portfolio information to [email protected] and indicate “ANIMATOR” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about the creation of the Outlast Universe, please check out this article written by Philippe Morin, one of our co-founders.
Check out some behind-the-scenes footage of our recent Mo-Cap shoots here!