June 03, 2021
Red Barrels is Hiring an Experienced Level Designer
Red Barrels is looking for an experienced level designer with a passion for creating immersive and engaging gameplay experiences. Working alongside our design team, the level designer will help implement the overall vision for the levels of The Outlast Trials.
Description of the role:
- Use creative vision to understand and develop a level’s role in the overall experience of the game.
- Prototype the environment, establish the layout and propose the use of interactive and non-interactive means to create the desired emotion for the player
- Work closely with the art and design teams to create and perfect the game experience
- Master the scripts to orchestrate the events of the levels.
- Integrate as the project progresses all the elements produced in the map (new gameplay, AI, sound…)
- Control the accessibility, comprehension, and the difficulty level of the level
- Correct the level design bugs entered in the database by the QA team
- Perform other related overall tasks as part of the RB design team
- 3+ years of experience as a Level Designer in the video game industry;
- Have delivered at least 1 AAA title
- Experience using Unreal Engine and 3DS Max
- You are passionate about video games and have a good understanding of all thing’s horror.
- You like working in a small team.
- You are proactive and autonomous.
- You are looking for an environment where you can have a wide range of responsibilities.
Red Barrels offers a highly competitive salary and bonus structure, group insurance, and flexible time management. Our studio is located in Montreal.
Interesting in being a part of the RB Team? Please send your resume and portfolio information to [email protected] and indicate “LEVEL DESIGNER” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about the creation of the Outlast Universe, please check out this article written by Philippe Morin, one of our co-founders.