May 02, 2022
Red Barrels is hiring a Gameplay Programmer
Red Barrels is looking for an experienced Gameplay programmer who brings a high level of creativity and innovation to their work. We are looking for someone who is interested in doing things differently and thrives in a cross studio collaborative environment. This role would have you working closely with designers, artists, and the programming team to bring a high-quality player experience to The Outlast Trials.
Description of the role:
- Work closely with artists, designers, and other programmers to help develop immersive features that support player experience.
- Evaluate tasks complexities and break them down to reach project milestones
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Identify problems and opportunities, and brainstorm to identify interesting solutions.
- Perform other related overall tasks as part of the RB programming team and contribute ideas toward all aspects of The Outlast Trials development.
- 5 + years of professional C++ experience as well as experience in game development programming positions.
- Preferably one completed development cycle as a gameplay programmer.
- Knowledgeable of current trends in gameplay and game systems.
- Experience working on a multiplayer, or a live game is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Unreal 4 is an asset.
- Experienced with AI is a plus.
- Familiarity with bug tracking software (e.g. Jira) and version management systems (e.g. Perforce)
- An understanding of French and English (Oral and written) is an asset.
- We need the candidate to be comfortable with using horror elements and all that the genre. entails (nudity, gore, “mature” visual research material).
- You are proactive and can excel while working autonomously.
- You are comfortable communicating and excited about creative collaboration, both within your team and as part of the larger RB Team
At Red Barrels all team members share in the advantages, including a highly competitive salary, access to bonuses (project-based and yearly profitability), flexible time management and hybrid working arrangements, group insurance, and wellness account, group RRSP, and 6 weeks’ vacation (from hiring!). Our studio is located in Montreal.
Interesting in being a part of the RB Team? Please send your resume and portfolio information to [email protected] and indicate “GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Red Barrels believe all voices, identities, skills, and experiences make our studio stronger and make better games. If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on specific government requirements.
To learn more about the creation of the Outlast Universe, please check out this article written by Philippe Morin, one of our co-founders.
You can watch our most recent game trailer here.