May 02, 2022
Red Barrels is Hiring an Experience Animator
Red Barrels is looking for an experienced Animator who enjoys pushing the envelope and creating emotionally memorable in-game moments. The Outlast Trials is our biggest project yet and we are looking for talented folks who want to take on new challenges and continuously learn alongside the RB team.
Description of the role:
- Create captivating character performances, employing both keyframed and motion capture techniques, to complement the game design.
- Research animation references to complement and enhance the overall game experience.
- Contribute ideas and insight to the full production process, from concept to polish.
- Collaboration with the 3D character artists, VFX artist, and the team’s technical leads regarding technical constraints related to production
- Be proactive in identifying problems and support troubleshooting animation and technical issues. Seek out and build creative approaches to solving problems.
- Perform other related overall tasks as part of the RB animation team.
- 3+ years of experience as an animator in the video game industry.
- Preferably one or more completed development cycles as an animator
- Proven understanding of animation principles, keyframe iteration, motion capture editing
- Familiarity and interest in-game systems, asset and animation production pipelines
- Understanding French and English (Oral and written) is an asset
- Experience with animation software including Maya, 3ds Max, and Unreal.
- We need the candidate to be comfortable with using horror elements and all that the genre entails (nudity, gore, “mature” visual research material)
- Strong interpersonal skills and excited about creative collaboration, both within your team and as part of the larger RB Team
- You are proactive and can excel while working autonomously.
- You are looking for an environment where you can have a wide range of responsibilities and you are not afraid of approaching things differently.
At Red Barrels all team members share in the advantages, including a highly competitive salary, access to bonuses (project-based and yearly profitability), flexible time management and hybrid working arrangements, group insurance, wellness account, group RRSP, funds for training, and 6 weeks’ vacation (from hiring!). Our studio is located in Montreal.
Interesting in being a part of the RB Team? Please send your resume and portfolio information to [email protected] and indicate “ANIMATOR” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that a technical assessment may be a part of the hiring process.
Red Barrels believe all voices, identities, skills, and experiences make our studio stronger and make better games. If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on specific government requirements.
To learn more about the creation of the Outlast Universe, please check out this article written by Philippe Morin, one of our co-founders.
You can watch our most recent game trailer here.