Forums

Sign in Register
Whistleblower
Whistleblower
Participant

Volume 4

February 22, 2017 at 8:44 pm

Volume 4 is out! It seems like it also jumps right into Outlast II because it shows the unknown pregnant woman and the more obvious handmade cross which we see throughout the demo. It clears a lot up about the ants also about Waylon’s whereabouts. But, was that really Simon Peacock? “It” was clearly another Swarm, which now means there really is multiple different swarms of different people. But I do think Billy truly died at the trailer park yet Miles and supposedly Simon are free. Now I’m going to look up the coordinates to see where they are. Could the pregnant woman and shot man be Waylon and his wife? Could they have jumpstarted the whole cult we see in the demo? Or do they somehow accidently release a Swarm which causes a relatively “normal” cult to go batshit crazy? That is my best theory, since it is somewhat what happened at Mount Massive. So, yeah.

• Whistleblower
    Whistleblower
    Participant
    February 22, 2017 at 9:02 pm

In reply to: Volume 4

Just to make this clear, I am no expert in coordinates and stuff like that. But when I plugged those coordinates in on Google Earth (#NotSponsored) it brought me to a remote location in Flagstaff, Arizona. All of which leads me to believe this is the location of The Testament Of New Ezekiel (the cult) and plus the geography matches that of the demo with the canyon. So it seems like the Simon Peacock Swarm, or whatever it is, wants Paul to go there. Maybe its the exact location of the cult or maybe its where the stranded couple that we saw are. Maybe this means we’ll actually see the Paul Duo in the second game. Feel free to add any new information because I’ll surely be obsessing over it.

• bubbabrent
    bubbabrent
    Participant
    February 22, 2017 at 10:45 pm

The coordinates are in fact in Arizona. I’m so excited that the comics are finally tying in the 2 games together. We now know officially that whatever is going on in Outlast 2, Murkoff is somehow behind it, or at least a part of it. Im still curious as to what happened to Waylon and his family, and hope the touch on that in issue 5. I like the possibility of the pregnant woman and man being Waylon and his wife. RB did say that outlast 2 is not a sequel, it just shares the same universe, so maybe Blake’s experience happens simultaneously with the first Outlast. The time line as to when what game happens still doesn’t quite have enough evidence to support an official timeliness to link Outlast 2’s placement. I wonder if the Pauls will make an appearance in the game? Also how do you guys feel about Paul Marion? I like how the comic touches on Paul’s situation with his daughter and Murkoff being the only company to help. I think he is very aware that murkoff is corrupt and should be stopped, but he’s put his faughter first. for Pauline, well, she’s probably just money crazed.

• Gujo
      Gujo
      Participant
      February 23, 2017 at 6:23 am

RB said Outlast 2 takes place after the event at MM, so I don’t think Blake‚Äôs experience is simultaneous with the first Outlast.

• Helena
    Participant
    February 23, 2017 at 3:20 am

The hooded man is not a swarm, he looks like just a rotten corpse with maggots, for some reason. If he was a swarm he would have looked like Billy did in #3, and he would have easily been able to get away (dissipate or fly away), and the way he just punched Pauline, I don’t know, I feel a swarm would be able to attack in a different special way, even if just to disable an opponent, not a mere punch. And the Pauls keep saying Miles is dead as if it’s an established fact. On the last panel, at first I thought it was Blake and his wife, since they say in the demo she’s pregnant, but the man is stabbed in the abdomen, Waylon was stabbed in the abdomen by Blaire at the end of Whistleblower, so it must be Waylon, but Waylon’s wife Lisa is not pregnant, or at least we never knew she was, I think Waylon would have mentioned it in his notes if they were expecting another child, and in the Park family photo, Lisa’s stomach doesn’t look pregnant and her hair is different from the woman in the last panel, so it’s not Lisa, it’s Waylon with some pregnant woman.

I don’t like this at all, the more comics are released, the more confusing it gets, they answer almost no question and just raise 100 more, like in the previous chapter for example, what the hell happened at the end, they said they thought they killed the Walrider, did they?? Then Paul said it just switched hosts, switched hosts into what the hell, a bunch of ants?? If not, then into whom?? Why do ants keep appearing? I’m tired, I’ve been trying to make sense of this story forever and all we can come up with is loose theories and speculation because there is not nearly enough information, and there is only one issue left, I don’t see how they’ll settle everything in one issue, and I’m afraid they won’t, they’ll probably leave things unfinished until at least Outlast 2 comes out, and even then I don’t think we’ll get all the answers, I think it will be cryptic like the first game was. Not to mention that some things aren’t accurate from game-lore to comic-lore, like Trager’s position in Murkoff, in the game, he was a former executive of research development, and in the comic he’s business development. Not to get too pessimistic now but that tells me Red Barrels don’t really care to make much sense if they make such a glaring mistake.

• Gujo
      Gujo
      Participant
      February 23, 2017 at 6:33 am

Sorry, where in the demo did they say Lynn is pregnant? Also, how did you guys get that in the last panel we see Waylon and his wife? I think it is most probably that Jane Doe, with someone we do not know (but definitely not Waylon).
      I agree with Helena, with each new comic, the more confusion. So many swarms in current story, I dunno what to think of it anymore. They sould’ve stuck with the game-lore, this seems just too much…

• Helena
      Participant
      February 23, 2017 at 6:59 am

Oh, you’re right, my bad, I confused Lynn with the pregnant Jane Doe, been a long time since I played the demo. I assumed it was Waylon because the man’s abdomen is injured in roughly the same place where Waylon was stabbed, and they did say Waylon ran away and they’re looking for him. But it doesn’t make much sense for him to appear with a random pregnant woman, so it’s probably not Waylon, but then why injure this man in the same place where Waylon was stabbed, to create confusion? Goddness knows we’ve got way too much of that already. I wouldn’t say there are many swarms, I don’t believe the rotten corpse is a swarm, but there were two swarms on top of Billy’s mother’s trailer, that’s one too many than we know from the original game. Honestly, I’m starting to give up on trying to make sense of this whole thing, there are far too many unanswered questions. People might hate me for saying this but I believe Red Barrels started out with a very interesting and creative plot in the first game, but then spun out of control with too many things and now they can’t put the pieces together to create a coherent plot. I hope I’m wrong and it’s too early to decide, but there’s only one issue left, it would be quite something to solve the mysteries and give the answers in one issue.

• Gujo
      Gujo
      Participant
      February 23, 2017 at 7:14 am

I 100% agree with you. The main plot was mainly what hooked me to this game. Now I feel they’re just killing it. It sounds harsh but it’s how I feel after the last comic.
      One more thing, have you heard the audio files from the demo?

• Helena
      Participant
      February 23, 2017 at 7:26 am

Me too man, totally, I really loved the plot of Outlast 1, the atmosphere and plot were it’s best points in my opinion, but then come these bizarre comics and turn everything on its head. Everyone’s foaming at the mouth about how amazing things are and I’m just sitting here confused as hell.

I heard something about the audio files a few days ago, was it something about Wernicke? I think they deduced he survived or something. Honestly, before I played the demo I wanted to start digging through the files myself and see what I find, but after I played it I already got a bad feeling of where the plot was going so kinda lost interest..

• Gujo
      Gujo
      Participant
      February 23, 2017 at 7:36 am

Glad I’m not the only one then!
      About the audio files, I was thinking of those where Blake sounds surprised to find Lynn, pregnant. So, I dunno, maybe the last panel could be reffering to them…
      But you’re right. Best stop digging through the story or I might lose the rest of my interest.

• Helena
      Participant
      February 23, 2017 at 7:44 am

Lol same. And why do they keep saying Miles died at Mount Massive? They said it in issue #3 and #4.

Did he? Interesting, I guess.. There’s something about this pregnancy thing, or rather phantom pregnancy syndrome. The women in Mount Massive kept thinking they were pregnant when they really weren’t, and so did the woman in issue #3, can’t remember her name, but she said it was Trager’s and he wanted her to get an abortion, then he stabbed her in the stomach and when they took her to the hospital, turned out she was never pregnant. It’s freakin creepy and weird, but kinda interesting because it originates from MM asylum. I miss the good ol’ days in the asylum..

• GamesStealth
      GamesStealth
      Participant
      February 24, 2017 at 12:20 am

It’s not Waylon. By the time he leakes the video he is completly recovered. it must be Paul or someone else. But that girl is definetly Alison.

• Gujo
      Gujo
      Participant
      February 24, 2017 at 4:34 am

Who on Earth is Allison?

• GamesStealth
      GamesStealth
      Participant
      February 24, 2017 at 4:42 am

Alison Marion, Paul Marion’s daughter.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by GamesStealth GamesStealth.
    • Gujo
      Gujo
      Participant
      February 24, 2017 at 4:46 am

Ugh, forgot about her. How are you so sure it’s her?

• GamesStealth
      GamesStealth
      Participant
      February 24, 2017 at 5:03 am

http://outlast.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:24723#4
      BTW I ASSUME it’s her not I’m sure.

• Gujo
      Gujo
      Participant
      February 24, 2017 at 5:16 am

You wrote ‘definitely’ in previous reply, thats why I asked. Thanks for the link!

• GamesStealth
      GamesStealth
      Participant
      February 24, 2017 at 5:21 am

Oh! My bad. Sorry! Well ya know I meant i assumed it was her. well ya’re welcome!

• Gujo
    Gujo
    Participant
    February 23, 2017 at 7:49 am

If Miles is basically ants, I am so done. And if the last issue doesn’t come up with something good I’m just going to discard it. Long live MM I say :’)

• Helena
      Participant
      February 23, 2017 at 7:55 am

LOL, sorry but that’s hilarious, Miles ants. Yeah, I think I’ve pretty much given up by now and gonna stick to game lore rofl, but good luck, try not to get your hopes crushed too hard when the last issue comes out.

• Gujo
      Gujo
      Participant
      February 23, 2017 at 8:42 am

Haha ikr?
      See ya when the last issue comes out and good luck to you as well.

• Winter
    Participant
    February 23, 2017 at 6:38 pm

Love the Outlast 2 reference.
    But left with so many questions, yet again?
    What the fuck is Simon Peacock, he seems very ghouly. Experiment related to the Church of Ezekiel, since he gave coordination’s to that location?
    I still don’t get the ants and Miles thing, did the Walrider go into the ants and use them as a host?

• OutlastRyan3
      Participant
      March 23, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Yes I think Billy’s ability to take human form died when the explosion occurred, so he/the Walrider/nanobots went into the ants. That’s what I believe. And maybe the explosion released Miles(?) but I’m not so sure about that. And Simon Peacock was never mentioned in Outlast one correct? Not in any of the files? I’ll look it up but I’m sure he wasn’t mentioned in the main game, not sure about Whistleblower.

• Whistleblower
    Whistleblower
    Participant
    March 7, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Holy shit, April 25

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Date of birth

MONTH
DAY
YEAR
NOT ALLOWED
ENTER
Red Barrels Games