Forums

Sign in Register

ILoveAGoodCrisp
Participant

Subtle things that make you sad

November 5, 2016 at 7:14 pm

List something in the game that made realize how horrible the things that happened at Mount Massive were. Especially things that could easily go unnoticed.

I imagine most of you aren’t to fond of the patient in the admin block basement who tries to stop you turning the power back on. If you listen closely, (you definitely want to use subtitles ) after saying “who’s there” he says he continues “I’m not afraid of dying. I’m not afraid of anything, not anymore”.

It’s so powerful, because you don’t have to see the blood and gore to know how horrible this place is. You just have to listen to this man who has suffered so much, that he is no longer afraid of anything. He has been put through all the fear a man can face, and he has come out broken.

• Oska
    Oska
    Participant
    November 6, 2016 at 5:14 am

So, after Frenk tries to cook Waylon, you need to climb up in some kind of tower and before you do it a patient falls down from it and dies. And then you start climbing and notice a radio on a bunch of boxes, some notes on the ground and other things, showing that this guy has been hiding in this personal fortress of his for quite a while, without hurting anyone and than he probably got scared of the Walrider that was flying around that part of the building at this time and met his demise… I don’t know, that just always made me sad.
    And I also really like Chris Walker’s phrase: “I’ll make the pain stop”. It sounds weirdly comforting to me…

• Nebel
    Nebel
    Participant
    November 6, 2016 at 9:35 pm

There’s also the patient that busts through a door in the security room hallway. You can go up to the door he used and hear him talking. Having a chat with the much kinder patients made me a bit sad. Pyro and the guy that tells you about Wernicke especially (the one you can record and get a note from). Always feel bad for turning on the sprinklers and not letting the place burn down.
    I like that line that Chris uses too. Both him and Eddie can say some oddly comforting things even though they’re among the most violent people there…and when they’re, you know, not calling us whores.

• InFirst III
    InFirst III
    Participant
    January 21, 2017 at 10:43 pm

It’s mentioned by Wernicke in the interview that “only a person who has witnessed enough horror can access the morphogenic engine.” I assume this stays true for any who become the host of the Walrider. And when you think about how the Walrider was able to make it’s host in Miles, it means he has suffered more in Mount Massive Asylum than any of the failed test subjects/variants who were mentally insane. I thought that said a lot about how traumatizing it was for Miles.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Date of birth

MONTH
DAY
YEAR
NOT ALLOWED
ENTER
Red Barrels Games