Sign in Register

Sequel to Outlast 2?

April 28, 2017 at 2:12 am

i want to know if we’re going to get a sequel to Outlast 2 (i’m already urging to get more of this game) like we got the Whistleblower DLC for the original game.

i also want to know; in case we do get a sequel; will it be played from Lynn’s point of view? or someone else entirely? i figured we might get to play as Lynn in the possible sequel, as we stump into her several times on our journey through the game as Blake Langermann… and all at different locations, with Lynn mysteriously escaping the grasp of her captors.

thoughts/replies ?

• This topic was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by  JaggSauce.

• ayaminekei
    April 30, 2017 at 3:06 am

In reply to: Sequel to Outlast 2?

I definitely hope we’ll be getting more! After everything we’ve seen here, I’m dying to know more! The world they’ve set up is so amazing!

• Deppie11
    April 30, 2017 at 8:27 am

I’m hoping too , but someone mentioned that outlast and outlast 2 are connected , i’m hoping to see miles again and to see what connect exactly outlast and outlast 2 !

• deluxechin
      April 30, 2017 at 9:11 am

my advice for right now is read the comics they’re good and connect the game and show Chris Walker and Dr Trager before they went insane. But after that ending they probably will make a DLC

• cat47
      April 30, 2017 at 11:33 am

I think we are gonna at LEAST get some dlc. There are so many questions that are unanswered. In fact, after beating outlast 2 and finishing up issue 5 I have even more questions now than I did before. We still haven’t seen the “murders” that Paul confessed to and how exactly is his daughter connected? And what happened to blake at the end? And many more. I think the dlc will focus on murkoff. I completely agree with the theories that say they’re using the radio towers to brainwash the cult and using them as guinea pigs.

• Dthechemist
    April 30, 2017 at 4:09 pm

My thoughts on Outlast 2: I think the next installment of Outlast should allow you to fight back and set traps next time. Dynamic traps kinda like how the old Tecmos deception games where the traps can combo with the environment. Let ammo be very limited also when it comes to any guns. Regular hand weapons that can break to do very less damage. Setting a good trap could slow down or do enemies in so you can get away or maybe just sneak and hide without doing that. Outlast 2 is fun but I don’t think another game where you just running from everything will keep my attention. Enemies in this 2nd game are hella fast, especially that boss witch. In real life if you are dealing with crazy humans you would definitely fight back at least with your hands or take their pitch forks and knifes to kill them. Hopefully the next game goes in that direction. Overall I love the experience so far in both games. Pretty amusing for me whos into horror movies heavy (especially the old 80s and 90s horror).

• ArnYkBOB
      May 11, 2017 at 1:11 pm

But if Red Barrels do this, it will be not survival horror at all. And I think its better to focus on school and in details present the Jessicas Story. Because after game i have many questions and what if the sequel will be in school. Oh sorry, prequel to outlast 2.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Date of birth

Red Barrels Games