Forums

Sign in Register
MekaylaJane97
MekaylaJane97
Participant

Possible Connection Between Outlast and Outlast 2

January 13, 2017 at 9:48 pm

When reading the synopsis before beginning the demo of Outlast 2, it mentions that you have traveled miles into the Arizona desert and the pregnant Jane Doe that was found was discovered there as well. If you listen closely to the radio playing in Miles Upshur’s car at the very VERY beginning of Outlast you hear this:
“…Department of Agriculture Commissioner Salazar said changing weather patterns were to blame for livestock behavior and encouraged ranchers and breeders to attend this weekend’s seminar on Buela Avenue in Pueblo. And if you’re out late tonight you may see some low-flying helicopters near Silverthorne and Leadville. Seems the Arapaho park services will be spraying for an infestation of box elder bugs.”
After that your radio cuts out and we all know what happens after Miles leaves the safety of his car. But look at the context clues here. Buela Avenue, Pueblo, Arapaho Park: these are all places in ARIZONA. Arapaho is a county, Pueblo is a town and so on and so forth. So what if Outlast 2 doesn’t happen after Outlast? What if it already occurred, or is occurring at the same time? I say this because they talk about low flying helicopters late at night to treat an infestation of bugs. I don’t know about you guys, but that seems relatively strange to me. What if Murkoff already had a mess to clean up in Arizona, before the Walrider massacred Mount Massive? Or what if that was Blake Langermann and his wife Lynn before they crashed?
Another possible connection are these “Three Blind Dreamers” that were transported out of Mount Massive before the Walrider Incident. They’re talked about in two seperate documents in Whistleblower and seem very importand to Murkoff Corp. The documents talk about level TRIPLE BLACK security protocols to even be around them. Could they have been in Arizona already and witnessed whatever happened, or maybe they were a huge cause of the incident?
The Arizona and the radio clues and connections are definitely there, but it’s up to US to make the connection concrete. Help me figure it all out guys! We can do this!

• Micheal_James
    Participant
    January 14, 2017 at 5:08 pm

When Waylon Park tries to use to radio to call 911 the guy on the radio says “Leadville 911, what’s your emergency” that means that the first game took place in Leadville.

• MekaylaJane97
      MekaylaJane97
      Participant
      January 14, 2017 at 6:20 pm

I suppose that eliminates the idea of before or during, but it doesn’t explain the strange animal behavior in Pueblo clue. Perhaps strange animal behavior is a precursor to whatever incident takes place in Arizona? The Demo seems to take place primarily outside, and farms seem to be a huge part of the setting, so animals could be affected by the Testament of the New Ezekiel, Sullivan Knoth, and whatever supernatural being they worship. Thank you for pointing that info from Whistleblower out to me, I never would’ve noticed without you!

• InFirst III
      InFirst III
      Participant
      January 21, 2017 at 10:45 pm

The third issue of the comic just confirmed that the Walrider is able to make hosts of animals. (or at least insects, namely ants) So as for the strange animal behaviour theory it could be that the Walrider is screwing with their cows and such.

• Micheal_James
    Participant
    January 16, 2017 at 2:53 pm

In the demo you see a dead cow with alot of flys around it and the cow did not look like it died in a normal way .

• MekaylaJane97
      MekaylaJane97
      Participant
      January 17, 2017 at 1:10 am

Another clue towards the cult being the cause of the strange animal behavior! So maybe Outlast and Outlast 2 have a very short time frame between them? Perhaps days or weeks? If there’s already strange animal behavior happening in Arizona then something is going on to cause it, right?

• Micheal_James
    Participant
    January 17, 2017 at 4:30 am

Maybe, we will find out when the game comes out.

• Benny
    Benny
    Participant
    February 17, 2017 at 10:38 am

Woow!!

• fearme
    fearme
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 3:17 pm

I’m sorry, but the fact that Outlast 2 takes place after Mount Massive is now confirmed.

With the release of Issue 4 of the Murkoff Account we see Simon Peacock (the figure at the end of the DLC) giving the agents a set of coordinates. The coordinates point between Phoenix and Mesa, towns in Arizona. Even the last page of the comic shows Jane Doe and (presumably) Paul Glick moving through a sandstorm and coming across an upside down cross. The comics take place between the two games in order to BRIDGE them, as told by Red Barrels themselves.
    So, yeah. Speculation proven false, although it was interesting.

Issue 4:
    http://www.redbarrelsgames.com/download/Comics/OUTLAST_ISSUE4.pdf

• MekaylaJane97
      MekaylaJane97
      Participant
      March 2, 2017 at 7:50 pm

Thank you so much for linking me to the comic, I wouldn’t have known it was out if you hadn’t shown me! Also, don’t be sorry, you’re helping us figure out the new game, thank you so much again!
      So, we’ve confirmed the timelines, which is good. This definitely points towards the idea of a few months, or weeks, between games. I’m assuming the clue for Arizona in the first game was the possible beginning, or perhaps rise, of the cult. They existed years before Blake and Lynn Langermann stumbled across the Jane Doe, so perhaps this was just a nudge of sorts to give us a hint to what was coming? Yes, the games do not take place at the same time, but prior actions in the story could have. But only time will tell!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by MekaylaJane97 MekaylaJane97.
    • deadguysgang
      deadguysgang
      Participant
      March 3, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Outlast 2 is supposed to be pretty independent from Outlast and Whistleblower as that’s what RedBarrels have shoved down our throats and are really only giving us the comics as a bridge. RedBarrels is stressing the fact of them trying to develop a genuinely terrifying game that trumps the previous Outlast. So I don’t really want to run with Murkoff and plots being hidden in Outlast 2 when they may not be at all (my hopes are up pretty high because I loved the OG plot, but I also want to respect the work RedBarrels is putting out and respect their wish to enjoy just a genuine horror experience). Also regarding timelines however, Whistleblower was so well done–I wouldn’t be surprised if there was something huge in store for us from Outlast 2.

• fearme
      fearme
      Participant
      March 4, 2017 at 7:09 am

There is. There sure is.

• KarenALenz
    KarenALenz
    Participant
    November 8, 2017 at 11:20 pm

I think it is possible when the game appears.

• eric5
    Participant
    November 16, 2017 at 4:04 am

Outlast 2 takes place after Mount Massive is now confirmed
    123movies

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Date of birth

MONTH
DAY
YEAR
NOT ALLOWED
ENTER
Red Barrels Games