Forums

Sign in Register
Amiexa
Amiexa
Participant

Outlast 2 : Story Mode?

March 28, 2018 at 6:33 am

It’s kind of quiet around here, well except for “Joseph” spamming about 4k topics at the bug section.
How is everyone here doing?? Anyways, about the new update:

27 March Update

I’m already half of the game in normal mode. AND THANK GOD! FINALLY A STORY MODE!
I get frustrated when I missed out certain documents. And it cost a lot of my courage to continue playing
every time, which I don’t have much in Outlast 2 lol. Thank you Red Barrels for the Story Mode! <3

But the sentence about:

“….we’ve taken opportunity to reinsert some of the things we had to removed…”

Anyone experience yet those ‘things’? I’m guessing it’s about the scene in Val’s Cave? The weenie party thing aha…
Though a lot of confusing comments here and there so; do they removed some scene or do they add some??

• kaiu08
    Participant
    March 29, 2018 at 1:28 pm

The only thing I’ve found so far that was ‘re-inserted’ was…

When you have to push the minecart to break a wall, instead of a doll laying on it it’s a dead naked baby.

How pleasant… Eww.

• Amiexa
      Amiexa
      Participant
      March 29, 2018 at 9:28 pm

Oh! I haven’t reach that place yet.
      I guess their making it more gruesome?

I would love to see the screenshot though, hahaha 😀
      Haven’t thinking of continue playing yet, a bit busy at the moment.

• frostfern
    Participant
    March 29, 2018 at 6:18 pm

I already noticed changes I don’t like in version 1.5. They made the spot where you have to crawl to enter the barn after the first Marta encounter so brightly lit it now looks utterly unrealistic. There is no light source even, yet it’s bright as hell! WTF! This is not just story mode. It’s changed on every mode. Come on Red Barrels. Don’t fuck up how the game looks just because people who are too stupid to play games find it hard. I hope they didn’t decide to fuck up how other areas look just to make it easier for all the people who bitched about it being too hard.

Also, they made the sound too quiet for my headphones on PS4, even with every volume control maxed.

The normal game was perfect after patch 1.3. Come on Red Barrels. Please make another patch and undo any horrible stupid changes you made. Ugh.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  frostfern.
    • Amiexa
      Amiexa
      Participant
      March 29, 2018 at 10:37 pm

Strange, sounds like a bug to me. Or Graphic rendering issue, but that would be quite impossible for PS4 nonetheless.
      It would be cooler if you have the evidence or screenshots. Have you try reinstall or delete the save files?

Oh and don’t blame the developer for listening to other your-called-“stupid” players.
      They wouldn’t make this mode if there weren’t significant amount of requests or complaints. Everyone have their type of playing games, and not everyone is pro on every games especially survival horror, even the pros was a noob too. I read some news and they make this for almost a year. They would have focusing on Outlast 3 instead if this weren’t important for them. Also they stated that it wouldn’t impact the gameplay. They just add Story Mode and adding back some things they removed due to the Australia’s Banning case, not downgraded it.

Best bet for me is a bug, I recommend to send message to Red Barrels Facebook Page
      Or wait a little longer, I’ve read that someone has issue when playing Nightmare Mode where there’s no chasing.

• frostfern
      Participant
      April 5, 2018 at 2:56 am

No. These changes are not “bugs”. They’re deliberate. They changed parts of the game on ALL difficulties. The just completely removed several chases I really enjoyed. There are also now more glitches with the sound. The sound is too quiet in general and cuts out in places. This new patch feels like a downgrade to me. I don’t care if they make a new version for the Switch, but just leave the PS4 version alone. It wasn’t broken to begin with.

I get that they added some new gore, but they shouldn’t have straight up removed chunks of the game just to please critics who constantly complained about being chased. Those critics were never going to play the game again anyways, so why ruin it for those who liked it? Good horror games come out so infrequently that I often like to just chill by playing old games for nostalgia. The changes kind of ruin Outlast 2 for me. Don’t feel like playing a dumbed down version. I’m only pissed at the people who bitched and moaned about this game because they somehow convinced Redbarrels to ruin it for those who liked it. I wouldn’t be calling them dumb fucking noobs if they didn’t play a part in ruining the game for me.

I could care less about the added gore. The excessive gore and shock-value elements were not the best part of Outlast anyways. I enjoy the series for its tense atmosphere and cinematics.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Date of birth

MONTH
DAY
YEAR
NOT ALLOWED
ENTER
Red Barrels Games