Forums

Sign in Register
Nautilus
Nautilus
Participant

Outlast 2 Screenshot Thread

October 16, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Hello! I’m a huge fan of the original Outlast and loved taking screenshots of the wonderfully creepy and atmospheric asylum you got to run around in, so i thought i’d start a thread here for the second game. Can’t wait to see everyone’s shots!

If you right click on an image and choose, view image, you can get the full 1080p version.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Nautilus Nautilus.
  • Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 17, 2016 at 1:33 pm

• Anonymous
      March 11, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Утром смотрел контент сети, и неожиданно к своему удивлению заметил актуальный сайт. Вот гляньте: europe-stomatolog-centre.com.ua . Для меня вышеуказанный ресурс показался очень полезным. Всего наилучшего!

• GLaDOSwantsCake
    GLaDOSwantsCake
    Participant
    October 17, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Marta looks so creepy. Great screenshots you took!

• Max_Enigma
    Max_Enigma
    Participant
    October 17, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Great Marta one! How did you take hers?

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 18, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Thanks Glados. :] I have just as much fun taking screenshots as i do playing the game. I’ve already spent 10 hours in a 20 minute demo. lol And yeah, she’s definitely super creepy!

Max, i used a freecam option i enabled in the .ini files. Thank heavens Red Barrels used Unreal Engine again, which makes taking screenshots so much easier (and more enjoyable). If only there was a way to turn off the chromatic aberration. It ruins the image quality (especially for screenshots) imo.

Couldn’t find a newer transparent Outlast 2 logo, so i had to use an older one.

No logo version. http://i.imgur.com/VlEKBzS.png

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Nautilus Nautilus.
  • Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 19, 2016 at 2:44 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 20, 2016 at 3:29 am

• Nebel
    Nebel
    Participant
    October 20, 2016 at 10:30 pm

These are awesome! You have a good eye for framing. Did you also do this with the first Outlast?

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 21, 2016 at 12:39 am

Thanks Nebel! I’ve run a game screenshot blog for the last 6 years (and done a bit of freelance work in this regard for several developers), so i have a little practice. :] And i did do this for the first one, although i was mostly concentrating on playing when i took them, so i really need to go back and do a proper screenshot only run, like i did with the Outlast 2 demo. You can see them here if you’re interested:

http://digitalfrontiers.tumblr.com/tagged/outlast

I really connected with Outlast in all regards, but especially on the visual and atmosphere side of things. It’s always a fun time trying to capture that eerie feeling you get while playing, in screenshots.

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 21, 2016 at 8:28 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 22, 2016 at 8:51 pm

I thought the windows here looked like upside down crosses. Probably wasn’t meant to represent that, but i figured it was another good spot for the logo.

No logo version: http://i.imgur.com/QayEOos.png

• GrandmaChris
    GrandmaChris
    Participant
    October 23, 2016 at 4:45 am

These are some pretty cool screenshots .

• Nebel
    Nebel
    Participant
    October 23, 2016 at 6:17 pm

Awesome~ definitely desktop material! Looked at a few of the other games and wasn’t disappointed. These new shots are great as well. :O

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 23, 2016 at 10:42 pm

Glad you guys like them! Trying to help bring as much Outlast spookiness into October as i can. :p

I missed this thing completely during my first playthrough.

I put Marta’s eye in the barrel. Wish i could have put Blake’s eye, looking all scared, but it was the best i could do for now.

No eye version: http://i.imgur.com/Eq104AL.png

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 24, 2016 at 5:26 pm

• Shad0W
    Shad0W
    Participant
    October 25, 2016 at 10:39 am

God, those ones with the woman (Won’t call her Marta even if this is how she is named in the game files because it may be just a temporary name) were the creepiest. But all are awesome!

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 25, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Thanks Shadow. I actually thought her name was Martha at first. lol And she’s so creepy, that even when she was just standing there and not attacking me (this isn’t in the playable part of the demo, it’s in an area you can’t normally access), i was still all freaked out!

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 26, 2016 at 8:58 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 27, 2016 at 9:04 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 28, 2016 at 10:35 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 30, 2016 at 3:51 am

• Shad0W
    Shad0W
    Participant
    October 30, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Yeah, I know which part you are meaning. But how do you do these so precise? I mean, I know you’re using freecam but the timing.. Wow. Like those with the camcorder and the patrolling enemies. My guess, you are a patient person.

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 31, 2016 at 3:05 am

haha you’re right about the patient part. At least when it comes to screenshots. A lot of times i know what i want from a certain part/scene in a game, but in order to capture it, it can take a good bit of trial and error, reloading saves (i can’t tell you how many times i re-watched the intro part of the demo, since you can’t manually save the game), and just plain luck. The more dev tools available of course, the easier it is when lining up that perfect shot.

With the camcorder, it’s all about catching it mid-motion, right when the lcd viewer is on the subject. When it comes to the 3rd person shots, you have to time and align the camera as best as possible to hide the fact the player has no head. In fact, with most screenshots, you need to show the good high quality assets, and try and downplay, or completely hide, the rougher looking, or unfinished parts of a a game. The patrolling enemies are the hardest to get, because they’re constantly trying to find you/kill you, but you need to get close to them so they’ll react the way you want them to (so they’ll pose or look a certain way). You also want the lighting to look good, so that’s another thing to consider on top of everything else. So to get the shots where the flashlights are highlighting certain areas/objects/people, it took a ton of running, crawling and dying, to get what i wanted.

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 1, 2016 at 12:02 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 2, 2016 at 12:02 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 3, 2016 at 2:04 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 3, 2016 at 11:24 pm

I don’t know who worked on the skin in this game, but they’re a graphical wizard. It looks amazing.

No logo version
    [Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/OWu1B59.png)

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Nautilus Nautilus.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Nautilus Nautilus.

• MoarpheXx
    Participant
    November 4, 2016 at 10:41 am

Dude, they look freaking awesome, I love them! It feels like they’re taken by Red Barrels themselves, you really are talented in this field, good work! If I was one of the game developers I’d buy some of them and use it for the Steam site of the game.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  MoarpheXx.
  • Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 5, 2016 at 2:20 am

I appreciate the kind words MoarpheXx. :] Honestly, high quality screenshots from developers were always the thing that got me the most excited for a game growing up, even more than videos. Something about how you could really capture the feeling of a game in that particular moment and then spend all the time you wanted analyzing it. Maybe it’s because i grew up on game magazines and didn’t really get to see much video of titles back then, besides a commercial here or there. So if i can can even come close to emulating that in my own screenshots, that’s all i could really ask for. Sadly, a lot of companies still don’t spend much time or effort on screenshots. Although i’ve noticed that trend has been changing these last few years, which is great.

And i’d love to work on/help contribute to the pool of pr/marketing shots for Outlast (like i did with their neighbor in Montreal, Compulsion Games ( they’re developing We Happy Few)). No need to buy them though, i consider screenshots to be the developers property. Just helping smaller indie studios show their awesome games in the best way i can, and/or spreading the word about them on my site is payment enough.

1920 version: http://i.imgur.com/zfg3LK3.png

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 8, 2016 at 9:03 am

@max_enigma Ah, sorry about that, i misunderstood. That first pic of Marta was just from the ending of the demo, like a second before she starts to swing her club at you.

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 8, 2016 at 9:35 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 10, 2016 at 11:44 am

• InFirst III
    InFirst III
    Participant
    November 10, 2016 at 12:06 pm

Attention to detail is excellent

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 11, 2016 at 10:08 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 14, 2016 at 9:04 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 16, 2016 at 12:25 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 18, 2016 at 10:52 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 21, 2016 at 8:10 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 25, 2016 at 1:32 pm

• stellachicken
    stellachicken
    Participant
    February 3, 2017 at 11:23 am

I love your screenshots Nautilus! They are all excellent and taken with great skill and attention to composition. It is great being able to get a much closer look at some of the characters and environments. My favourite is the one with the crow and the camera. Keep up the great work. 🙂

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    February 15, 2017 at 9:01 pm

I appreciate the kind words Stella. 🙂 Outlast is one of those games that just has tons of interesting details, no matter where you look and Red barrels environmental storytelling is top notch, so it makes the game super fun to take screens of. I like that crow in the camera shot, too. And ill try my best!

• Benny
    Benny
    Participant
    February 17, 2017 at 4:10 pm

Uum nice i like it ^_^

• lynn_libbrecht
    Participant
    March 20, 2017 at 11:27 pm

I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again.
    * email sign up
    * Baby Names

• Anonymous
    March 23, 2017 at 3:12 am

прикольный! хоть и на раз посмотреть!

• Anonymous
    March 27, 2017 at 7:58 pm

redskins news nationals mets game colorado avalanche team roster washington capitals hockey game

• Anonymous
    March 28, 2017 at 1:07 am

ECN Forex brokers, best brokers for scalping
    http://fx-brokers-review.com

• Anonymous
    March 28, 2017 at 3:33 pm

На ТВ уже показали – эротические ролики женского влагалища в спальне

http://eropix.xyz/i/P0U060u0504190r4_preview.jpg</IMG&gt;

http://foro.mentoriaiberoamerica.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4457

Послушав совета уже опытного в плане секса мужчину, она стала долго садиться на член. Было больно, однако она не вставала. Замирала, и дальше садилась. Ей казалось, сколько прошла целая вечность, покуда оболочка порвалась. Для самом деле не больше двух минут.

http://activebad.ru/user/shtoJuh/

Вереница евреек на свингер-встрече изо всех сил раздвинула щелку c группой менеджеров среднего звена c налившейся шпалой.

http://muzstyle.ru/user/ProstiOlyax/
    Команда кошелок на свингер-встрече остолбенело балдеет c тучей господинов c шероховатой кувалдой.
    variant1

для пк

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Loved the game! Amazing work Red Barrels! Thanks for all your time and effort (and for making the game look so dang good). I do wish you guys would have left the cheats/console that was enabled in the preview/review build, enabled in the retail build, though. It was so helpful in taking screenshots. I only got about a third of the way through a screenshot run when it was removed. :'( Any chance we might see a future build with it re-enabled?

• Lyle_Taylor
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 10:28 pm

OMG! Marta looks so creepy.
    json validator

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Lyle_Taylor.
  • Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    April 27, 2017 at 10:12 pm

Yes she does Lyle! 😮

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    April 28, 2017 at 6:49 pm

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Nautilus Nautilus.

• Rigek
    Participant
    April 29, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Just completed the game about an hour or two ago. I hadn’t known about any no-clipping or free-cam ability until now so here are all of my screenshots taken directly in game. Only thing is that I wish I realized you could turn off the cursor earlier than halfway through the game.
    favorite one:

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Rigek.

• ayaminekei
    Participant
    April 30, 2017 at 4:09 am

Oh no, Rigek! I think all your images got broken somehow!

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    April 30, 2017 at 6:41 pm

Yeah Rigek, they’re all messed up on my end too. You can right click on them though, and select view image to see them. Good stuff from what i saw! 🙂

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 1, 2017 at 6:24 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 2, 2017 at 9:36 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 4, 2017 at 9:10 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 6, 2017 at 6:14 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 6, 2017 at 8:39 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 8, 2017 at 3:38 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 9, 2017 at 9:36 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 3:39 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 14, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Happy Mother’s Day from Temple Gate

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 15, 2017 at 2:59 pm
  • Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 18, 2017 at 2:15 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 19, 2017 at 6:29 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 24, 2017 at 1:28 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 27, 2017 at 3:52 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 29, 2017 at 8:35 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    May 31, 2017 at 6:47 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    June 6, 2017 at 3:33 pm

• abele2017
    Participant
    June 8, 2017 at 4:25 am

These are awesome!
    javascript obfuscator

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    June 9, 2017 at 6:36 pm

Thanks abele! It’s a great looking game!

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    June 11, 2017 at 7:06 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    June 14, 2017 at 5:48 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    June 17, 2017 at 6:59 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    June 25, 2017 at 10:20 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    June 27, 2017 at 11:52 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    July 5, 2017 at 3:16 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    July 10, 2017 at 10:19 am

• badkingweedahx
    badkingweedahx
    Participant
    July 11, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Thursday, July 11, 2014, 8:34 am, Mount Massive Asylum, Leadville, Colorado

I never thought that I ever would have to become this.. What have I become? I don’t even have an idea how I’m supposed to turn back. This

isolation got me sick. Very, very sick. My head is busted open and I can’t really see. Okay, just stay calm, please.. Don’t let them take

control… My name is Dan Glover and I am a computer technology evaluation programmist, I am 24 years old… Fuck.. Are I? All that shit

talk got me driving crazy. Okay, okay.. I live in New Orleans, the town which was flooded and all of the gangstas are proud of who they

are. I have a boyfriend, Ken, his full name is Kennedy Charles, he’s 20 and he just graduated high school. He works at Macy’s and we live

together under the address: New Orleans, King Street 99/8, by a shopping center. God.. it’s not feeling well.. Maybe I should escape?..

Nah.. this is just another cheap trick going on in my sick mind. How much time I have spent talking to myself?

– Hey! Hey, you, are you dumb?!

– Oh, what? What? Why?

– Silly fag! Why you stopped all that silly talks? I liked it. Something’s wrong with you again?

– Ah, no, no! Sorry.

– My mother Chloe, used to say sorry to me all the time. I hate her, she’s a really busty and slutty milf. Stop saying that unless you
    want me to fuck you up over..

– Uh-huh, sir.

At this point I have no idea how to be. Why are I in this place? What made me come here? It turned out that I was messing up with myself

since I heard that I shut up. Conclusion: I can’t distinguish when I speak and not. What an ill world. I’m surprised by myself that I even

live yet. Gotta make this quick.

– Hey! Fucker! Gloverr!! Come back here! You ain’t done with your cell yet! Argh..

I had to do it. Now I’m free. I’m hungry, I have to eat. No matter what! You can do this, boy! You can do this, come on! Oh shitt!!

– Oh, my God!.. T-that savage just killed Robert! Ah! Fuck! Why did you-! Ah! Escape! Fast!! Ahh!!!

Hahahah… hahh.. well.. I am no longer a prisoner. You sick fuck!! See? Like it?!! Come on!! Oh, I forogt. They can’t hear me if I’m not

using my tongue for it. Well, I can use it for another purposes, hah..

– Ahhh! No…

Monday, February 12, 2012, 12:22 pm, Mount Massive Asylum, Leadville, Colorado

Okay. Today I have only few checkups to do, some stupid ass shit talks and a coffee to get. Alright. Seems pretty easy. Haven’t been this

bored since high school graduation… Ah.. Alright.

– Mr. Glover, we have to get this system working before 10. It’s a lot of work and-

– Yeah, yeah.. I got it. Just give me some time.

– Alright.

Later same day and location, 6:09 pm

I don’t even wanna be here anymore. So boring and depressing. Pretty much like my life outside of this shithole.. Ah.. can we make this

quick into the exit?

– Ahhh!! No! No! Don’t!! Please don’t do this! I can do everything! I agree, ahh-

What the hell was that? Should I turn back or just quit? Alright.. too curious..

– Why do you think I would let you be alive? Huh?! Tell me, nobody’s in here now, it’s the two of us, you and me, I have a knife, you
    lying down on this goddamn floor. What do you expect from me?

– I-I really don’t know what you’re talking about, sir! It’s been a long time since I was here doing anything! I haven’t been here since
    2010!

– Fucking liar! Fucking scam shit!!! Arhh!! Get this, eat this, you goddman fucker! Ahh!!

Oh, fuck! Oh fuck oh fuck! Murder? M-murder? Shitt.. I have to get out.. who is he? Stevenson? Oh shit.. That can only mean one thing.. He

got out.. He made it.. I knew it.. I saw him the other day at the station, near Leadville. He was so mad that security guard had to use a

gun to get rid of that.. thing… I didn’t expect him to be such a monster. I have to get out. Quick!

– You’re not getting away, baby! You ain’t!!! Come back here! Daddy’s waiting so hard! Ah!!!

He saw me. Shit! I’m almost there! Just keep running, Dan, motherfucker, keep running! What was the password? Ahh!! 2-1-0-2 or.. 3? Oh

fuck.

Okay, 2-1-2-6, okay!

– Got you!

– Leave me alone, ahh, stop it, ahh!!

– Dan, Dan, Dan.. You didn’t think I’d let go somebody so sweet and smart as you, huh? You can’t leave. Nobody can know! Nobody! Nobody!
    Nobody!!!

– Ahhh!!!

Next day same location, 11 am

– Can you imagine that some poor fucking idiot would ruin our whole business?! Do you know what is the threat?! We could all go to fucking
    hell because some fucking moron wanna flee off the mountain and tell stories how Murkoff treats its patients!!!

– Can you please shut up, Mr. Blaire? I honestly don’t feel like listening to your bullshit, you half-brained bum fucker!

– Oh, oh, okay. Alright. I’m out! And don’t fucking page me every hour, okay?!!

I heard noises and footsteps wherever I was. I had my eyes closed and seemed not to feel my legs. It’s terrifying. Being aware that you

are locked, having no idea where you are, knowing that nobody is there for you and nobody cares about you. You mean same like a thing.

Just to use and then throw out.. I really don’t feel like living anymore. All this terrible things happening to me. I can’t take it no

more..

– Pull him out, the chamber’s ready.

Monday, September 30, 2013, 8:30 pm, Mount Massive Asylum, Leadville, Colorado

– Hope made a lateral ascension.

– And they not happy about it?

– No.

– Shit. Shit, shit, shit. Come on!

I heard noises and screams again.. Used to it.. I don;t even know how much time I’ve spent here.. As a worker.. and as a.. subject. I am

not mad. I am not sad. I’m not really feeling my mind like I used to. Whenever I try to remember anything, I just see that pattern in the

middle of my eyes.. I can’t take it… can’t…

One hour later, same location

– Don’t you look at us. I love him! Arhh!!

What is it? Oh my God. Some guy eating another guy. It’s security?! Fuck! I have to get out! I can see a guy passing by.. I think I have

seen him already.. Yeah, Park, I guess.. or something like that..

– Oh, you woke up. Wait your turn.

– I’m sorry, I guess I wasn’t invited to this party. May I just leave or-

– No way! No way out! You have to feed me! Feed me! Feed mee!!

Oh shit! I have to get out! I just got through the stack of metal shits and I have no clue where to head!

– I’m coming, Cooper!

Some guys trying to run away. Ah! I can’t even run fast.. I lost that psycho but where is the exit? Oh, here.. What?

Wednesday, July 10, 2014, 9:30 am, Mount Massive Asylum, Leadville, Colorado

Have to get out.. Have to get out.. Have to get out.. I heard security guard today saying that it’s 2014.. How come? I’ve been two and a

half years in here, not remembering shit? I thought I was free.. I saw my family, Jenny.. Wait! I have no family. I’m gay. And Jenny is

not my girlfriend! She’s that psycho bitch drinking Johnnie Walker at work! Shit! My mind is really messign with me… Have to get out…

Thursday, July 11, 2014, 8:34 am, Mount Massive Asylum, Leadville, Colorado

Hah… purposes of tongue: one- licking your boss’ liver, two- preparing eyeballs to get consumed, three- almost like a dick. So licky…

Now… I have no normal arms… They made me a monster and I will become one! Let me see.. Murk-off-corpo-ration… Yeah… Wikileaks…

Oh, some really interesting footage here.. Peacock… alright.. gotta find him..

• badkingweedahx
    badkingweedahx
    Participant
    July 13, 2017 at 11:23 am

It’s a Murkoff Report story

https://www.wattpad.com/user/badkingweedahx

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    July 16, 2017 at 7:33 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    July 24, 2017 at 4:16 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    July 29, 2017 at 6:45 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    August 6, 2017 at 8:53 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    August 12, 2017 at 11:55 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    August 19, 2017 at 10:17 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    August 26, 2017 at 3:40 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    September 22, 2017 at 10:48 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    September 30, 2017 at 4:41 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 4:25 am

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 11, 2017 at 9:33 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    October 21, 2017 at 12:20 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 4, 2017 at 12:47 pm

• Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Participant
    November 12, 2017 at 12:56 am

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Date of birth

MONTH
DAY
YEAR
NOT ALLOWED
ENTER
Red Barrels Games