Forums

Sign in Register
InFirst III
InFirst III
Participant

Need info from those who own Outlast

July 12, 2016 at 2:29 pm

I am too poor/cheap to purchase Outlast for myself and I would appreciate it if some people could test the following things for me that I have not seen happen in youtube videos.

In Whistleblower, with the three “No Observers” guys- What happens if you stay in the room when you’re told to get out?

There’s an audio file from the original game with a variant saying something along the lines of, “Chris, I stayed here, just like you told me to- Oh, you;re not him. He’s going to be mad when he gets back.” Who/where is that guy? Unless it’s one of those audio files that was not used.

In Whistleblower, courtyard section, with the basketball players – I know you can be killed by that guy who tosses the head-basketball at you when you enter, but can you be damaged by those guys alongside the path to the ladder when they try to grab you?

In the original game, what happens if you get out of Trager’s wheelchair after he leaves but you just stay in the room?

Also, for any who might have the Outlast 2 Demo, what are all the animations like for the enemies during the chase sequence; killing animations, pulling you out of the barrel, etc, etc. And can they pull you out of that dirty water tub thing that you can hide in?

• Oska
    Oska
    Participant
    July 12, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Wow, interesting questions. I only know that the audio file haven’t been used. But these lines sound really intriguing, I wonder where RB wanted to use them… Someone needs to make a post with all the unused audio files!

• necroxeno
    necroxeno
    Participant
    July 12, 2016 at 3:54 pm

The thing I know for sure is that if you get out of Trager’s wheelchair and stay in the room – nothing happens. I usually just afk during the cutscene (during insane mode tries before anyone judges me :P) and I think you need to get out of the room to trigger Trager to come back.

And for the “No Observers” guys, I just stood there for a few minutes and they also did nothing.

The guys at the courtyard section shoved me a few times but it never hurt me. (tested on nightmare)

• TheBuried
    TheBuried
    Participant
    July 12, 2016 at 4:30 pm

As for the audio clip, I believe it’s unused but it could belong to one of the generic inmates in the prison block section. I haven’t played the Outlast II demo yet unfortunately but the two death animations I’ve scene are very similar. One is the farmer knocking you to the ground and stabbing you in the face, the other is the farmer grabbing you and jamming the machete into your skull before dropping you to the ground.

• GrandmaChris
    GrandmaChris
    Participant
    July 12, 2016 at 4:33 pm

For those three variants , it does nothing ,in the courtyard they shove you but they don’t damage you , for trager, he won’t come until you open the door Also if you wanna enjoy the game you shouldn’t watch spoilers.

• MoarpheXx
    Participant
    July 22, 2016 at 7:06 am

Here are some death animations from Outlast 2:

This here is when you get pulled out of the water tub:

• Nebel
      Nebel
      Participant
      July 27, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Oh, interesting! I had seen the normal deaths, but I didn’t know they could pull you from the water. None of the LPers I’ve seen even used that hiding spot.

• MoarpheXx
      Participant
      July 28, 2016 at 2:59 pm

Yeah, alot of those who got Outlast 2 Demo missed some ingame stuff like the first sight of the villagers who are going backwards into the woods or even Jessica hanging because of the nightvision, and only very few actually used the barrel or water spot because it’s probably not that noticeable and they probably didn’t watch the gameplay scenes from PAX East. Some even just rushed the cornfield section, but I guess that’s one way to escape and outlast the enemies.

• Shad0W
    Shad0W
    Participant
    August 1, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Collecting all the info that I and all the people that replied here have, I will leave you here the answers:
    1) Nothing is happening if you remain in the “No observers” room, they just stay there and some keep watching you (turning their heads at you)
    2) It is clearly an unused file, Chris has no allies and that makes him even more scarier.
    3) No, those guys at the ladder will just push you.
    4) If you stay in the same room nothing happens, but if you trigger the Variant’s dialogue and then go back Trager will come after you and most likely kill you if you don’t avoid his attacks. (I know, the last bit sounded like I was talking about a MMORPG)
    5) The animations are up there in the other comments, I can’t copy/paste the links at the moment.
    Have a nice day!

• lynn_libbrecht
    Participant
    February 27, 2018 at 4:41 am

I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Hotmail Sign In

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Date of birth

MONTH
DAY
YEAR
NOT ALLOWED
ENTER
Red Barrels Games