Forums

Sign in Register
Max_Enigma
Max_Enigma
Participant

Issue 2 Discussion

September 1, 2016 at 5:47 pm

What are your thoughts on issue 2? Personally I liked the murder mystery vibe of issue one more, but Trager is my second favorite villain to Eddie Gluskin. I love all the easter eggs and fan service in these comics. If you didn’t notice Trager uses scissors to stab the pregnant lady and he mentions fingers earlier in the comic.

• DiogoGardens
    DiogoGardens
    Participant
    September 1, 2016 at 6:24 pm

In reply to: Issue 2 Discussion

Trager was a fucking asshole

• Nebel
    Nebel
    Participant
    September 1, 2016 at 9:20 pm

On page 9 there’s a picture with “Raise the Dead/Cleanse the Lepers” so I’m kinda wondering what that means.
    At least we got a look into what got Trager into Mount Massive. I always knew he was an asshole, but damn. I guess him and Blaire weren’t such good buddies after all, not that it really surprises me that Blaire would let the treatment happen to Trager. I liked the little pregnancy question Paul tried to ask the maid though, haha. The little nuggets of info about certain characters, like Waylon and Walker, were nice too. I like getting to know these facts when the game couldn’t really dive into too much detail with some of their backstories.
    The cover was also amazing~

• Max_Enigma
      Max_Enigma
      Participant
      September 2, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Right, I thought Blaire and Trager were supposed to be friends.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Max_Enigma Max_Enigma.

• MoarpheXx
    Participant
    September 2, 2016 at 7:37 am

I liked this issue more than the first one, I especially liked the parts with Trager, that little humor part fit with him well, great issue overall, can’t wait to see how one of the next issues will be leading to the Outlast 2 scenery.

• star_w
    Participant
    September 2, 2016 at 1:13 pm

I absolutely loved this issue, especially that cover, and I have a few theories/questions:

In the middle of the issue, they mentioned “Simon Peacock,” and Pauline said he was dead. From they way they phrased it, I immediately assumed they were talking about Julian, the silhouetted guy who helped Waylon at the end of Whistleblower. So I looked up “Simon Peacock” in relation to Outlast on Google, and it gets… kinda weird.

Turns out Simon Peacock was the VOICE ACTOR for Julian, along with a few scientists and miscellaneous characters. Does he have two names, or did they mistakenly put “Simon Peacock” as his name? Or, was Julian never his name and they’ve just named him after the voice actor? “Julian” was only his name in the game files, so that’s entirely possible. Not sure though, my money’s on him having two names.

Just a tangent, but I’m pretty sure someone screams “Oh god, Julian!” in the demo for Outlast 2 as the helicopter’s going down. Since Blake and Lynn are investigative journalists, and his website seems to revolve around that kind of thing, I think Julian could be connected to them, and possibly Miles as well.

• InFirst III
    InFirst III
    Participant
    September 4, 2016 at 9:51 pm

I like how the single teaser picture shows Glick talking to Trager strapped down, with Jeremy beside her, and you immediately think that Jeremy represents Trager. Then you find out you were completely wrong

• September 21, 2016 at 10:05 am

Our favorite part is Trager’s pink shirt.

Sorry, salmon. Salmon shirt.

• AesopsKirby
    AesopsKirby
    Participant
    September 26, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Did anyone else notice that poster behind Trager in his office that has Richard Nixon on it and says: “I’m not a crook, I’m a leader” or something like that? I thought it was a clever little way to show us Trager’s corruption isn’t just a result of the Morphogenic Engine and insanity, and that he’s always been a horrendous person. Now seeing him die in-game is even more cathartic.
    Although to be politically fair, Nixon did almost all of the work Reagen is credited with.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by AesopsKirby AesopsKirby.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Date of birth

MONTH
DAY
YEAR
NOT ALLOWED
ENTER
Red Barrels Games