Forums

Sign in Register
Shad0W
Shad0W
Participant

Games like Outlast?

September 30, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Hello, before I ask my question I want to say that I don’t know if there is any problem that I placed this topic here, if it is, I’m sorry, I’ll delete it. Now for the question: Does anybody know horror games with full body awareness, like Outlast? Are there any? Or did Red Barrels manage to create something even more unique than I would have ever thought? Oh, and preferable on the Xbox 360 or One? I have an 360 for now but it doesn’t support Outlast so.. I want something like this. Or any other genre, but also if you know any other horror game too? Thank you!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Shad0W Shad0W.

• MoarpheXx
    Participant
    October 1, 2016 at 1:50 am

In reply to: Games like Outlast?

Routine by Lunar Software is the only thing that comes into my mind at the moment.

The game is known for being in production for years (Alpha Gameplay Trailer war released in 2013) but one of the devs said that the game will come out in “2016 for sure” and now are “very close to finish the game”. It looks really awesome, it’s the 2nd game which I look most forward to right after Outlast 2.

• Nebel
      Nebel
      Participant
      October 2, 2016 at 7:53 pm

I’ve been trying to remember the name of this game all day. I’ve been watching a couple Event[0] videos and I was reminded of Routine. Steam kept on showing it for a while, so I wouldn’t mind checking it out finally.
      Part of the reason I like playing Outlast over and over is because of the full body model thing. Just makes you feel like you’re actually there if you have a body, in my opinion anyway. Alien: Isolation would be the closest in terms being able to look down and see yourself, it just isn’t as noticeable. It’s also pretty tense and it has you sneaking around most of the time as well. The only other game I can think of is Mirror’s Edge, but that’s hardly a horror game. :\

• thedrummer100
    Participant
    October 6, 2016 at 5:10 pm

While I would say that Outlast is a very unique game, that might just be because I don’t play that many horror games. I would say that outlast is very atmospheric, and a game that reminds me of that is Half-Life 2. I’d try that out.

• Max_Enigma
    Max_Enigma
    Participant
    October 8, 2016 at 10:39 am

Alien: Isolation is the closest to Outlast IMO.

• Shad0W
    Shad0W
    Participant
    October 25, 2016 at 10:50 am

Well, this means it is an unique game. Thanks, guys!

• KarenALenz
    KarenALenz
    Participant
    November 9, 2017 at 4:49 am

Outlast it really is a unique game. I am a fan of horror games. Especially the game Five Nights at Freddy’s it is my favorite game. I usually play it on Freegames66. It really is a very unique horror game.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Date of birth

MONTH
DAY
YEAR
NOT ALLOWED
ENTER
Red Barrels Games