Forums

Sign in Register

FilmAndGameGuy
Participant

Extreme violence in Outlast

July 10, 2017 at 1:34 pm

Is the extreme violence in the Outlast series something which enhances the horror or does it simply sick and goes too far?

• cody
    Participant
    July 12, 2017 at 6:32 pm

It depends. For me playing through the violence or the threat of violence greatly enhances the horror. There were moments that seemed over the top at the time, like the rain of blood, but that’s only because I didn’t realize at the time what the event meant (which is bad document placement on behalf of red barrels, as well as the misguided assumption that people have read the comics or even know about them before playing the game.)

If I am experiencing the violence through a cut-scene, for a game like outlast it does nothing for me to enhance the experience. Indeed cut-scenes no matter how horrific they are meant to be act as a relief for me. Being crucified and buried alive in O2, having fingers lopped off by Trager in O1, even watching the Bride do his thing in whistle blower did nothing because a cut-scene in outlast, means you can finally take a breath for a second. I am curious as to why you are asking.

• Mrguy261a
    Participant
    August 31, 2017 at 11:45 pm

I really think your playing the wrong game. It adds to the horror.Seeing it really gives you an idea of the inSanity of this cult. Yea the baby pit was disturbing “i have a 8 month old girl” but its to “again” project the insanity. This did not offend me. I pulled my socks up and said “ok…ok…Need to focus on the danger…push on or die”

I think seeing it really puts a scope on the mood. Have you been to an asylum? Take away order and nothing is normal, sick things happen.

No gore/nudity/swearing in this type of game would be a joke. If your weak minded why are you plaing this.

I find people that coplain about the gore have either seen it first hand which is understandable, or your a wuss. Not saying you are! Forgive me

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Date of birth

MONTH
DAY
YEAR
NOT ALLOWED
ENTER
Red Barrels Games