Forums

Sign in Register

Syfro
Participant

Demo Guided Tour/Analysis & Speculation Video

November 19, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m Syfro, and I have a little YouTube channel where I look at the storytelling in games, see what works, what doesn’t, what unique approaches you can take with games as a medium. I played through the Outlast 2 demo and thought it was so amazing that I did a video which kind of serves as a beat-by-beat breakdown of the demo and everything that happens in it, looking at how it’s constructed, and how it builds the atmosphere and story that it seeks to deliver. After that, I also go hard on speculations on what the things we learn in the demo might mean for the full game 🙂

If any of that sounds interesting to you, you can find the video here:

I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for your time 🙂

• Alvina
    Alvina
    Participant
    November 20, 2016 at 3:24 am

nice theories. but i think we wont play as lynn in the full game . have you seen the first outlast demo? in the demo, miles is dead. but in the full game…we still play as miles. and so is outlast 2. (maybe, we will play as lynn in the DLC. but, who knows?) about blake’s death in the end of the demo, i think it’s just an “end” for the demo, not for the full game.

• Syfro
    Participant
    November 21, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Ah, that’s a good point. I didn’t play the first game’s demo, and you’re right, that implies that Blake’s death in the demo isn’t canon. Even so, I maintain playing as Lynn would be pretty damn cool, even if it’s a complete long shot and not going to happen 🙂

Lynn DLC, now there’s a cool idea!

• ellascott
    Participant
    January 4, 2018 at 9:18 pm

Have you seen the first outlast demo? In the demo, miles is dead. geometry dash

• wingsio
    Participant
    February 26, 2018 at 10:35 pm

I see the novelty of your writing. animal jam

• jenniferbrownz
    jenniferbrownz
    Participant
    March 8, 2018 at 4:00 am

Complete honesty the only explanation that I can think of for the crash is the Walrider messes up the engine? What else could have destroyed it. Refer: kissmanga manga list

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Date of birth

MONTH
DAY
YEAR
NOT ALLOWED
ENTER
Red Barrels Games