Forums

Sign in Register
Max_Enigma
Max_Enigma
Participant

Demo Discussion

October 4, 2016 at 5:30 pm

Hey guys I just finished the demo and wanted to know your thoughts. Find anything new? I was surprised at how good the new AI is. Once I realized how better it was I played extra cautious.

• Nebel
    Nebel
    Participant
    October 4, 2016 at 6:55 pm

In reply to: Demo Discussion

Freaked out when I saw the tweet that the demo was finally out and man, it was a blast. I just finished it for the second time. Almost drowned in the water the first time while in the cornfield because I jumped in for the heck of it, then a guy showed up right above me when I came up for air. I got yanked out pretty fast. Hiding in the barrel was fun until I peeked out and, once again, a guy was right there in the dark haha. Finally got to read the note on Jessica’s locker, could never make it out in videos. Now I feel a bit worse for her. Also looked at a test in the classroom mainly asking about the Crusades if I remember right. I still jump in the hallway when the lockers go nuts and the shadow creeps on you. I noticed more shadows in some areas of the school. One funny thing: I managed to crawl under a bed and got out from the bed, still crawling, and left one of the houses while still on the floor. I’m used to standing up automatically from crouching so I thought that was weird hahaha. My run sounds like a series of blunders (on my part) now that I think of it. :T

• InFirst III
    InFirst III
    Participant
    October 4, 2016 at 9:47 pm

I discovered a lot

1. You can kill yourselves on any of the cacti in the beginning section (it takes a good 7 or 8 hits)
    2. There is a very minor glitch while dying to a cactus in the very beginning; Blake will shout “LYNN!” during his death animation
    3. You can drown yourselves in the water tub (any water tub for that matter) by the bloody dead cow near the beginning
    4. They moved the battery in the starting classroom in the school from the teacher’s desk to the TV.
    5. Around 4 papers are reused around the school; A schedule for final exams in December, a breakfast menu, a test on the Crusades as mentioned above, and a list of band participants. Interesting to note is that the final exams schedule says 1995-1996, providing even more proof that this is Blake’s/Jessica’s/Lynn’s high school
    6. If you stand around during the slamming locker sequence, opening no doors or anything, your screen starts to get a little woozy before the jumpscare.
    7. The guy who pulls you through the door and down the stairs will one shot you when he reaches you.
    8. The guy in the same house of the stair pushing who is cutting up the corpse will one shot you when approached directly.
    9. Crouch uncrouch glitch no longer works
    10. Guys will just jump into the water tub and hack at you (I tried to stand in there uncrouched, waiting to see what would happen)
    11. One of the enemies looks just like the police officer right out of We Happy Few
    12. Went in backwards down the final cutscene, it turns you around (as expected)

• Max_Enigma
      Max_Enigma
      Participant
      October 8, 2016 at 10:35 am

I’ve noticed the demo has multiple battery locations for a battery. Every time I replay the demo the classroom battery switches from desk to tv and back.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Max_Enigma Max_Enigma.
  • bubbabrent
    bubbabrent
    Participant
    October 5, 2016 at 10:00 am

If you go to the house to the left at the very start where you knock snf blake says “im lost and hurt”, if you stand on the edge of the pirch snd look past above the mountains you can see the top of church which I assume is Knoth’s church

• DiogoGardens
    DiogoGardens
    Participant
    October 5, 2016 at 5:32 pm

• Nebel
    Nebel
    Participant
    October 6, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Hahaha, what a set-up.

You can also climb in the barrel that’s next to the first house. I was just fooling around when I figured I’d try to hide in it. Also hid in a barrel without a lid later on, don’t think that’ll help very much. I noticed the cactus could hurt you a long time ago, but any time someone would play the demo, they had no idea why they got hurt. Seems people found out how to get out of bounds already too.
    This one was pretty interesting:

• Max_Enigma
      Max_Enigma
      Participant
      October 8, 2016 at 10:36 am

Wow that’s interesting! I’ve got to go try that out for myself.

• Nebel
    Nebel
    Participant
    October 13, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Here’s another video that was just recently uploaded. You get a real good look at the monster and villagers.

• KarenALenz
    KarenALenz
    Participant
    November 1, 2017 at 2:00 am

If you are The guy in the same house of the stair pushing who is cutting the corpse will one shot you when approached directly. Try exploring it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Date of birth

MONTH
DAY
YEAR
NOT ALLOWED
ENTER
Red Barrels Games