Forums

Sign in Register
bubbabrent
bubbabrent
Participant

Comic Theories / Predictions!

July 13, 2016 at 12:04 am

I’m creating this topic for anyone who would like to post their personal predictions / theories on what will occur in the upcoming issues and how they’ll possibly tie in to the 2nd Outlast!

I predict that there will be (towards the end of the comic series) a continuation of Waylon Park releasing the footage from his encounters in Mount Massive Asylum, since that’s where the first Outlast first ended. I have this scenario playing in my head that he rushes home and has his wife and children pack as many things as they can leave and start a new life somewhere secluded. He begins driving them as far as possible until they run out of gas (or some kind of car problem in general) and they end up in none other than… TEMPLE GATE. Unfortunately if that’s the case then Waylon probably gets executed since Red Barrels has stated many times that there are no returning characters, but his 2 sons and wife Lisa are quite possible to appear! That is IF my theory is anywhere close.

ASIDE from this Theory, I think Paul Marion or Pauline Glick might make an appearance in Outlast 2, that is if they remain alive throughout the comic series.

• Pauolo
    Pauolo
    Participant
    July 13, 2016 at 8:07 am

There’s no chance anyone can reach Temple Gate by car. It was said Blake and Lin reached it by helicopter because of how remote it is from civilization.

Honestly I’d prefer the story to stick to the two Pauls. They provide an inside look of Murkoff Waylon Park couldn’t.

• bubbabrent
      bubbabrent
      Participant
      July 13, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Ah that is a good point. Im still curious as to whether it will show Waylon’s aftermath or not.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by bubbabrent bubbabrent.
  • snaggletoothed
    snaggletoothed
    Participant
    July 13, 2016 at 1:43 pm

I do like the idea that the comic may interweave with Waylon’s story. Paul so far seems to be in a similar predicament. Since they did say this bridges the gap between Outlast one and two, this story for the comic could stretch over a lot of details since they’ve started with Chris Walker being brought to the asylum. I have a theory that the Paul’s last mission might have to do with Waylon and trying to minimize the damage he’s definitely done to Murkoff with the footage he had.

• TheBuried
    TheBuried
    Participant
    July 14, 2016 at 3:56 pm

It will probably follow it’s own story, occasionally referencing the Mount Massive Asylum Massacre and Waylon Park. I’d really be fine with them only mentioning it a few times but I’m sure it will turn out good either way.

• soulcypher
    soulcypher
    Participant
    July 15, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Comic Books

My opinions about the story tie-ins for O2:

I think that main protagonist is somehow conected to these phychological experiments. That’s way he looses the feeling of reality.
    He’s possibly on the run from the asylum or maybe he lost his previous memory which will be revealed to him later.
    What we can speculate whether he was forced into asylum or because of his undoings.

• Pauolo
    Pauolo
    Participant
    July 16, 2016 at 2:01 pm

The chief psychotherapist at Spindletop mentions they used to make their patients relive and dissect traumatizing events as part of their treatment. Even though I doubt it’s unusual in psychotherapy, that sounds a lot like what Blake Langermann goes through in his lucid dream during the demo. The whole school scene looks like a recreation of Jessica’s apparent suicide in his childhood.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Pauolo Pauolo.
    • Oska
      Oska
      Participant
      July 16, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Even though I doubt that this line was meant to hint at Blake (it was probably made to make us understand that something stinky and terrible is happening in that place too) your comment made me think about something… Now I theorise that Blake didn’t just go back to the random memory, he went to the day when his classmate suicided because it was traumatic to him. Maybe it was rather obvious, but it still feels like a revolation to me!

• Max_Enigma
    Max_Enigma
    Participant
    July 24, 2016 at 3:49 pm

IMO the murkoff account is a way for Red Barrels to elaborate on the main villains of outlast.

• toniag1
    Participant
    April 12, 2017 at 11:40 am

Hi supplementary project
    http://arab.egypt.adultnet.in/?post-raegan
    choir informatics yayasan lesson chivalry

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Date of birth

MONTH
DAY
YEAR
NOT ALLOWED
ENTER
Red Barrels Games