April 01, 2020
Community Manager call out: Red Barrels needs YOU!
Red Barrels is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Community Manager to join The RB Team! Please note that due to COVID-19 precautions, initially this will start as a remote position.
• Act as the social media and community management expert within a team of game developers
• Design and implement social media and community strategy.
• Run innovative social campaigns that capture the interest of the community with the goal of driving both engagement rates and community size
• Prepare creative briefs and manage all published content (images, video and written)
• Keep an active stream of communication between the development team and the community
• Identify the most common issues based on community feedback and escalate issues quickly and efficiently to all relevant internal parties when necessary
• Advocate for our players during planning meetings and help develop community related features.
• Monitor discussions and trends within fan bases on all channels, respond appropriately.
• Be on the lookout for trends in social media tools, applications, channels and advise the development team on potential opportunities
• Regularly conduct market research on trends affecting the wider gaming community
• Regularly analyze social campaigns and translate the qualitative data results into actionable recommendations for future campaigns
• At least 2-3 years of community management experience or related experience
• High level understanding of game development and the industry as a whole. Interest in the horror video game genre would be helpful.
• Knowledge of graphic tools and Office Suite.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• High level problem-solving and organizational skills
• Familiarity with online gaming communities and live streaming platforms (e.g. Twitch)
• Knowledge of and/or network with current game community/influencers is a strong plus
• Self-motivated and able to develop new initiatives as well as manage multiple tasks with little supervision
• Open to the possibility of travel when necessary.
• Ability to communicate efficiently (spoken and written) in both French and English is preferred.
• Comfortable being a public representative for the studio for marketing, press and consumer events.
• Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
Red Barrels offers a highly competitive salary and bonus structure, group insurance and flexible time management. Our studio is located in Montreal.
If you think you have what it takes to join our talented team, please send your resume to [email protected] and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.