April 01, 2020
Community Manager call out: Red Barrels needs YOU!
Red Barrels is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Community Manager to join The RB Team! Please note that due to COVID-19 precautions, initially this will start as a remote position but would then move to in-office work (at the appropriate time).
• Act as the social media and community management expert within a team of game developers
• Formulate the social media and community strategy and implement it
• Run innovative social campaigns that capture the interest of your community and constantly drive both engagement rates and community size
• Prepare creative briefs and manage all published content (images, video and written)
• Keep an active stream of communication between the development team and the community
• Identify the most common issues based on community feedback and escalate issues quickly and efficiently to all relevant internal parties when necessary
• Advocate for our players during planning meetings and internal processes
• Monitor discussions and trends within fan bases on all channels, respond appropriately.
• Be on the lookout for the latest trends in social media tools, applications, channels and advise the development team on potential opportunities
• Regularly conduct market research on trends affecting the wider gaming community
• Regularly analyze social campaigns and translate the qualitative data results into actionable recommendations for future campaigns
• At least 3 years of community management experience or related experience
• High level understanding of game development and the industry as a whole. Interest in the horror video game genre preferred
• Knowledge of graphic tools and Office Suite.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• High level problem-solving and organizational skills
• Familiarity with online gaming communities and live streaming platforms (e.g. Twitch)
• Knowledge of and/or network with current game community/influencers is a strong plus
• Self-motivated and able to develop new initiatives as well as manage multiple tasks with little supervision
• Open to the possibility of travel when necessary.
• Ability to communicate efficiently (spoken and written) in both French and English is preferred.
• Comfortable being a public representative for the studio for marketing, press and consumer events.
• Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
Red Barrels offers a highly competitive salary and bonus structure, group insurance and flexible time management.
If you think you have what it takes to join our talented team, please send your resume to [email protected] and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.